Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Kelly Troy & Troy Insurance Group
posted by: Joey
Mar 09, 2010
Today I’d like to introduce you to someone who always has my back, my friend Kelly Troy with Troy Insurance Group. I met Kelly through a mutual friend who was convinced that he is the best insurance guy around, and I have found that belief to be pretty accurate. Troy Insurance is a fully independent brokerage representing over 100 insurance carriers for all types of insurance, including commercial, home, auto, health, and life. Because they can provide coverage from different companies, such as Safeco, Travelers, ASI Lloyds, Cypress Texas Lloyds, Assurant, Lloyds of London, Americo, Pacific Specialty, Fidelity, and scores of others, Troy Insurance can find the exact policy to fit your need.
In fact, they have a company mission to educate customers on how and why to best protect their own unique situation, regardless of what it might be, and then to provide the appropriate and most cost-effective insurance solutions for those needs. More than just a company mission statement, I have found the personal service they provide to exude this attitude. They know each person has unique needs, and they go the extra mile to ensure that you are insured at the appropriate levels. They are literally experts in all types of insurance (from auto coverage to a commercial winery), and serve all of Texas. If you have any type of insurance need, contact them at www.troyinsgroup.com. Kelly, Tammy or Glenn will be happy to help you out. They personally saved me hundreds of dollars by evaluating my current auto policy and finding another company that could provide me better for coverage for less!
Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3d-cszWpIg
Monday, March 8, 2010
posted by: Joey
Orig. Mar 05, 2010
I’m no woman, but I’m surrounded by them all day long. I often hear them talking about the balance act between being successful in the workplace and having a thriving home life. This is of course different for every woman. I have discovered an amazing online newsletter focused on helping women in both areas. Their focus is on helping women create their Best Life.
We were happy to promote the good people at CupOfLife.com last month. They sent us a shirt, gave me access to their own materials for researching their service and I found a resource that was rich in actionable, real-time advise that, to be quite blunt, was as good for men as it is for women. But, like the ads for Secret Deodorant, "it’s strong enough for a man, but made for a woman."
So, ladies only on this stuff (I’m not afraid to admit that I read the articles). Proudly, as of last month, AOC was responsible for bringing 30 of our friends to this amazing content. If you’re a professional woman and you’re interested in the keys to success, take a look at www.cupoflifenewsletter.com and tell them that Joey sent you.
When I started AcrossOurChests.com one of my biggest supporters, right from the start, were my mom and dad. I would be a bad son if I didn’t tell you about their Self-Storage place out in Cedar Park, TX. If you need some space, or you're hoping to find affordable rates on a clean, modern storage unit, bring your things to Water Tower Self-Storage and you'll find all the conveniences and amenities you’re looking for, secured in an easily accessible and convenient location. They Store It All! They offer well-lit and secured units, easy access and very affordable rates. Come by and check out their clean facility today. You’ll be amazed by the superior quality, accessibility and security that their facility offers! Not to mention the coolest managers around! Simply mention AOC when you check in and receive the first month rent for only $1 (on a four month rental agreement). Be sure to tell them Joey sent you.
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people, then click publish.)
1. Fact: I was born in Indio, California. It’s near Palm Springs. When I tell people I’m from “Indio” they always assume I said “India”, so I just stopped telling them.
2. Habit: I’m addicted to coffee. I get to drink Starbucks for free. If I had to pay for all the coffee I’ve had over the past seven years it would probably cost me $10,000.
3. Goal: I always dreamed about circumnavigating the globe. I picture myself going by land or sea so I can see as much of it as possible.
4. I flunked my last semester of High School English on purpose, because I never failed a single class in my life, and I wanted to know what it would feel like. I knew I would still graduate, so I didn’t think there would be any harm. My parents didn’t see it that way.
5. I worked at Disneyland for a year when I was 22, because I wanted to do something fun before I had to grow up and get a real job. It’s been 12 years and I’m still waiting for the real job…
6. I collected a ton of comic books when I was in junior high, but I just gave them to my sister-in-law to sell on eBay for me.
7. I would rather play a sport than watch one. I still think Golf is the greatest game ever created.
8. I have a random list of the greatest discoveries, and creations of mankind. It starts out like this…1. Fire 2. The Wheel 3. The Breakfast Burritos 4. The DVR…it goes on for quite a while.
9. I believe in Birth Order, Numerology, Palmistry, Chinese Zodiac and other forms of soothsaying.
10. I do not believe in aliens, ghosts, yetis, lock ness monsters, vampires or any other such silliness.
11. I made the teachers and students in my 8th grade class believe I had a twin who died when we were very young. Totally made that one up!
12. I’ve always dreamed of being a filmmaker like Spielberg and Lucas.
13. My personal Heroes are Walt Disney, Albert Einstein, William Shakespeare and Dr. Gregory House.
14. I was 23 years old when I had my first drop of alcohol.
15. I learned to play the Bagpipe in High School. In fact I played for almost 9 years. When I was 19 I played my pipes in the rain, in front of about 40,000 people, in Scotland. Prince Charles was in the audience, and I shook his hand later that day.
16. I have no pets, because I hate to lose them to old age. I think I’ll get a turtle, because it will outlive me.
17. I got married four days after September 11, 2001. We had set the date a year earlier. If we had known, we might have picked a different date. The Honeymoon was AWESOME! We spent four days all by ourselves at Disneyland.
18. I always wanted to be an Astronaut and I am fascinated by the NASA of the 1960’s. I have read numerous books and studied the subject my whole life. If you need to know anything about the Apollo missions, give me a call.
19. I worked as a low level photographer for the Chargers for a season and a half. I was at every home game (including one Monday Night game and a playoff game) on the field. One of the coolest opportunities I’ve ever had.
20. My favorite movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. It’s been my favorite since I was 7 years old.
21. I once drove from San Diego, CA to Rochester, NY and back, all by myself. It took three weeks. I put 7500 miles on my car, across 22 states and I took over 4500 photographs. I stayed in two motels, a log cabin, a complete strangers house, and with multiple friends and family. My only regret was that I did it alone, but I learned the most important lesson. Life IS about the journey, not the destination.
22. I love TV. In fact I love it so much, I can’t even watch it when it’s on. I watch whole seasons, in single sittings, when they come out on DVD. It’s really a sickness.
23. I’m the sole member of my own spiritual teaching and political party. Neither have a name as of yet, and no, we’re not accepting any more members right now, and no, I’m not interested in hearing about yours.
24. I’m in a good place right now. I’m going back to school, paying off my debt, purging my life of all the consumer crap I never use, I buy used whenever I can to reduce the manufacture of new consumer crap, I spend more time with my folks, I’m happy with my job, I make time for my bizarre hobbies, I like who I am and enjoy discovering new things about myself everyday. I miss my friends, but thanks to the internet and free long distance (Thanks AT&T) I can know what they’re up to any time. Overall, life is good and only getting better.
25. Parenthood has been the most challenging and the most rewarding thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life. My daughter started walking for the first time today. I couldn’t be more proud. She is my world!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Fit Kid Network: Getting Kids Hooked on Fitness
posted by: Joey
Feb 26, 2010
If you care about kids, pay special attention to today’s article. I have a 2 year old daughter, two nieces and four nephews all under the age of 12. It’s high on my list of values that I raise my daughter the best way that I can. In my search for amazing content on the internet to help me with this endeavor I came across the Fit Kid Network & Captain Fitness, Coach Scott www.fitkids.tv.
Today’s overweight youth are going to be tomorrow’s overweight adults unless we, as parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles fight to get our kids into health and fitness. The Fit Kid Network is a treasure chest of information. It is Fit Kid TV, a video resource with both online (www.fitkids.tv blog) and off-line content. It is a social network, member forum and monthly online magazine full of interviews, recipes and tools designed to help the responsible parent be equipped in setting new standards at home and creating a healthier lifestyle for their families.
"The shape of our kids will determine the shape of our future. The health of our nation’s tomorrow is directly dependent on the effectiveness of our " - Coach Scott G. Smith
To get more information visit www.fitkidnetwork.com and www.fitkids.tv.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
What can I say? Back on Thanksgiving Day I had this crazy idea... Get people to pay me to have other people wear their logos on t-shirts. Sounds NUTS! Well, we've been doing it for 5 days now. The next two days are already sold, and all we need is someone to order the 7th-10th of January. AcrossOurChests.com is really new and finally taking off. I'm so excited for my friends who have signed on to wear shirts. I can't wait for them to all be able to work from home wearing shirts. This has been the most exciting experiment I have ever been a part of. I'm really looking forward to the next stage of development. I want EVERYONE to be able to wear a shirt and get paid. How awesome would that be! I will single handedly find a way to turn the economy around one t-shirt at a time. That's all for now!