www.acrossourchests.com - Originally posted 1/31/2009
Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people, then click publish.)
1. Fact: I was born in Indio, California. It’s near Palm Springs. When I tell people I’m from “Indio” they always assume I said “India”, so I just stopped telling them.
2. Habit: I’m addicted to coffee. I get to drink Starbucks for free. If I had to pay for all the coffee I’ve had over the past seven years it would probably cost me $10,000.
3. Goal: I always dreamed about circumnavigating the globe. I picture myself going by land or sea so I can see as much of it as possible.
4. I flunked my last semester of High School English on purpose, because I never failed a single class in my life, and I wanted to know what it would feel like. I knew I would still graduate, so I didn’t think there would be any harm. My parents didn’t see it that way.
5. I worked at Disneyland for a year when I was 22, because I wanted to do something fun before I had to grow up and get a real job. It’s been 12 years and I’m still waiting for the real job…
6. I collected a ton of comic books when I was in junior high, but I just gave them to my sister-in-law to sell on eBay for me.
7. I would rather play a sport than watch one. I still think Golf is the greatest game ever created.
8. I have a random list of the greatest discoveries, and creations of mankind. It starts out like this…1. Fire 2. The Wheel 3. The Breakfast Burritos 4. The DVR…it goes on for quite a while.
9. I believe in Birth Order, Numerology, Palmistry, Chinese Zodiac and other forms of soothsaying.
10. I do not believe in aliens, ghosts, yetis, lock ness monsters, vampires or any other such silliness.
11. I made the teachers and students in my 8th grade class believe I had a twin who died when we were very young. Totally made that one up!
12. I’ve always dreamed of being a filmmaker like Spielberg and Lucas.
13. My personal Heroes are Walt Disney, Albert Einstein, William Shakespeare and Dr. Gregory House.
14. I was 23 years old when I had my first drop of alcohol.
15. I learned to play the Bagpipe in High School. In fact I played for almost 9 years. When I was 19 I played my pipes in the rain, in front of about 40,000 people, in Scotland. Prince Charles was in the audience, and I shook his hand later that day.
16. I have no pets, because I hate to lose them to old age. I think I’ll get a turtle, because it will outlive me.
17. I got married four days after September 11, 2001. We had set the date a year earlier. If we had known, we might have picked a different date. The Honeymoon was AWESOME! We spent four days all by ourselves at Disneyland.
18. I always wanted to be an Astronaut and I am fascinated by the NASA of the 1960’s. I have read numerous books and studied the subject my whole life. If you need to know anything about the Apollo missions, give me a call.
19. I worked as a low level photographer for the Chargers for a season and a half. I was at every home game (including one Monday Night game and a playoff game) on the field. One of the coolest opportunities I’ve ever had.
20. My favorite movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. It’s been my favorite since I was 7 years old.
21. I once drove from San Diego, CA to Rochester, NY and back, all by myself. It took three weeks. I put 7500 miles on my car, across 22 states and I took over 4500 photographs. I stayed in two motels, a log cabin, a complete strangers house, and with multiple friends and family. My only regret was that I did it alone, but I learned the most important lesson. Life IS about the journey, not the destination.
22. I love TV. In fact I love it so much, I can’t even watch it when it’s on. I watch whole seasons, in single sittings, when they come out on DVD. It’s really a sickness.
23. I’m the sole member of my own spiritual teaching and political party. Neither have a name as of yet, and no, we’re not accepting any more members right now, and no, I’m not interested in hearing about yours.
24. I’m in a good place right now. I’m going back to school, paying off my debt, purging my life of all the consumer crap I never use, I buy used whenever I can to reduce the manufacture of new consumer crap, I spend more time with my folks, I’m happy with my job, I make time for my bizarre hobbies, I like who I am and enjoy discovering new things about myself everyday. I miss my friends, but thanks to the internet and free long distance (Thanks AT&T) I can know what they’re up to any time. Overall, life is good and only getting better.
25. Parenthood has been the most challenging and the most rewarding thing I’ve ever dealt with in my life. My daughter started walking for the first time today. I couldn’t be more proud. She is my world!